By the time I click on "Publish", 2016 will have already arrived in some parts of the world. Without further ado, I bring you...
The Top 15 Things That Were Trending in 2015
15. Selfie sticks (note to seniors: they don't double as one of those grabber thingys)
14. "Back To The Future's" prediction about the Cubs winning the World Series not coming true this year (which explains that that curse is all about the "B's")
13. The feature film version of "Jem And The Holograms" (Man, that movie sucked. It just plain sucked. I've seen movies that suck before but that was the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked! Sorry; back to this damn wiener list)
12. The sharks during Katy Perry's Super Bowl halftime show (they were there so they wouldn't get fined)
11. Ariana Grande caught licking a donut (somebody should just lick her face!)
10. Me winning big money at the casinos in June (had to put it in there)
9 (making her 17th consecutive appearance!!!). Britney Spears (she extended her Vegas stint by two more years and has been working on a new album...oh, Britney keeps getting better year after year after year after year after year after year after year...I could go on for a few more times!)
8. Lebron James's and Lenny Kravitz's full-frontal wardrobe malfunctions (keep them away!!!)
7. Taylor Swift's "Bad Blood" music video (proving she still has "The Right Stuff" (referring to the movie, not the New Kids On the Block song))
6. "Empire" (because we loved tuning in on Wednesdays to see how the Cookie crumbles)
5. Periscope (aka Big Brother on steroids)
4. "Jurassic World" and "Star Wars" (two of the year's most anticipated movies scoring record opening weekend grosses. I'd rather go with the dinosaurs)
3. Caitlyn Jenner (no explanation needed)
2. The royal baby who ran in the Kentucky Derby then hopping on a flight to fight Mayweather and Pacquiao on the same day (Ronda Rousey, you met your match)
And the #1 thing that was trending in 2015 which will continue in 2016:
1. The presidential election (I'll be casting my vote for Not Donald Trump!)
And that's the AllenBlog's 2015 Year In Review.
Also, this is my last full blog after ten years. Yes, blogs like this one was a big deal in the mid-2000's, but the explosion of social media (especially with Periscope) has made it moot.
As with my annual Sexiest Woman of the Year poll, which I already ended this year after 15 years, the AllenBlog also originated in Fairbanks, Alaska where there was very little material. But since relocating to Atlanta a couple years ago, I would have an unlimited number of resources for me to consume, and other things in my life have led me to cutting back on doing the blog.
But of course, I won't be going away anytime soon, so is this blog. I will still do those mini-blogs on occasion, which will be about a single topic instead of multiple ones (which took up a lot of time). So yes, there will be much more of me in the months, perhaps years, to come.
Until I have something else to say...so long stay strong, God bless, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!